A Message from WSS's President,
WSS offers opportunities to:
- Network with colleagues in your field,
- Participate in numerous seminars and workshops,
- Continue your own statistical education,
- Increase the level of quantitative literacy in area schools,
- Help motivate and develop the next generation of statisticians.
With almost 900 members, the WSS is the largest chapter of the American Statistical Association (ASA). Our members work in academia, government, and the private sector. Their interests and expertise include applied and theoretical statistics, data collection and dissemination, survey sampling and methods, statistical education, and allied subjects.
WSS is an extremely active chapter, offering a large and varied technical seminar program, short courses, social events, and service opportunities. WSS members receive our monthly e-mail newsletter (The WSS News), with announcements and descriptions of forthcoming events, volunteer opportunities, and listings of both job opportunities and the credentials of members seeking new positions. Our website washstat.org provides information on current and past events, WSS contacts, WSS awards, and a WSS history.
To Join WSSFull details on joining WSS are available online at washstat.org/joinus.html. The annual dues are low compared to the many benefits membership affords:
- ASA member $10 (Full)
- ASA Student member $3 (Full-Student)
- Non-ASA member $10 (Associate)
- Non-ASA Student member $3 (Associate-Student)
If you have any questions about membership or participation in the
WSS, please e-mail (Linda.Young@nass.usda.gov),
or call (352-281-6469)
me. I hope you will take this opportunity to fully engage in some of
the diverse activities WSS has to offer!
WSS President, 2017-18