- Seminars, Conferences, Symposia & Call For Papers:
- Upcoming Seminars
- Statistics in Biomedical Research: Making and Translating New Discoveries (November 10, 2012)
National Institutes of Health (registration)
- 2012 IEEE International Workshop on Genomic Signal Processing and Statistics (GENSIPS'12) (December 4-5, 2012)
- International Society for Bayesian Analysis (ISBA) International Workshop/Conference on Bayesian Theory and Applications (IWCBTA) (January 6-10, 2013)
- Classes and Workshops:
- Short Courses (includes JPSM short courses)
- Nominate Your Fellow WSS Member:
- WSS Treasurer Report
- Employment & Fellowship Opportunities:
- Note From The WSS NEWS Editor
- WSS People
- Newsletter pdf
Nominate Your Fellow WSS Member
Requesting Nominations for the Washington Statistical Society's Spotlight on Members Program
The WSS Board of Directors is pleased to announce a new program to highlight members who have made or are making notable contributions to the work of their organization or their professional field of expertise. We know that WSS members are doing interesting work in the fields of statistics, survey methodology, and the social sciences. Through this program, we hope to spotlight the accomplishments of our fellow WSS members.
This is our first request for nominations, to be featured in an upcoming issue of WSS News. We are interested in featuring members at all levels of the employment spectrum including recent graduates, mid-career employees, and those seasoned veterans.
Please feel free to nominate more than one person or a team working together. You may also nominate yourself as well. The nominees must be members of the WSS and not currently affiliated with the Board.
Please provide us with the following information about your nominee or nominees.
- Your name, email address, and telephone number
- ame or names of nominee(s)
- Organizational affiliation
- Job title
- Their contact information including email address and telephone number
- A brief narrative describing the reasons for your nomination
- A photo of the nominee, although not required, would be great be greatly appreciated
Please send this information to Mel Kollander, member of the WSS Board. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions please contact Mel.
We look forward to hearing from you.Return to top
Note From The WSS NEWS Editor
Items for publication in the December 2012 issue of the WSS NEWS will be accepted until the 15th day of the preceding month.
Email items to email@example.com.
Please submit all materials in MS WORD or plain text.
Please do not submit your items in pdf or include them in the body of an email.Return to top
Click here to see the WSS Board Listing (pdf)
Return to top